Saturday, September 26, 2009

Blast from the Past

This past week was exciting! I got a message that someone on Classmates had left me a note. Well of course I go to read it and its a puzzle....What did Lincold do for the slaves? Made them Freeman...Which is the name of the street I grew up on. It is signed Michael J (won't finish to protect his privacy till I ask him) Ok so I am curious, I really don't remember this guy so I send a note back,"who are you?" He writes back that we had dated for 2 months and I dumped him before new years back in 1978! Still no recollection! Have all my old brain cells died?? So I ask a bunch of questions relating to guys I dated back in those days,,,,well none of them are him(EMBARRASSING!!) Mark thinks it's funny that i cannot remember him. Ok another email comes from Mike with his CB handle the Professor!! AH HA Now I know who it is!! Whoo Hoo I am not totally brain dead!! Memories flood back and I remember but am still fuzzy. Anyway he's doing ok and is married, for 30 years !! 4 kids and 1 grandchild!! I give him all my catch-up info about my wonderful Mark and the kids and grandkids and there ya go. We shared some good, special time together but I was a young, single mother, selfish with my time and struggling to find my way and broke his heart right before the New Year celebration. I sometimes dislike the person I was but know it has made me the person I am. I hope to keep a dialog going with Mike and get to know his family too!! It sure is fun to go back in time!

No comments: